Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Session 2: Online Photosharing

I am a little familiar already with Flickr having used some of the images from Creative Commons for an online learning resource that I am developing. I especially like Richard Ling's photostream as he has some great photos of marine environments and coral reef communities.

I wasn't aware of the slideshow feature of Flickr so that is one new thing I've learned. The tutorial was helpful too. I didn't know about the ability to type a word in the 'spell' section and have Flickr find creative images of each letter in the word.

This is an image from Creative Commons, by Doug Deep. http://www.flickr.com/photos/douga/225129382/ It's of a nudibranch or shell-less mollusc. Sea hares, nudibranchs and slugs are all shell-less molluscs. Nudibranchs are sometimes referred to as Spanish Dancers. As they move through the water, their outer body sections ripple and curl like veils in a dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment