Sunday, May 10, 2009

Session 5: RSS Feeds
I found this session a little more challenging. Possibly because I started using my yahoo adress and then my g mail address but I started again and managed to add a few feeds. The sites I selected were About Animals/Wildlife; BBC News; The Courier Mail; EW.com Movie reviews; National Geographic News: Animals and Nature; and Scientific American. The good thing about RSS feeds is that you are notified about information that may be of interest to you. A person is more aware of what is going on as generally people don't have the time to aimlessly 'surf the net' to find relevant information. It's better if this information somewhat 'comes to them'. I couldn't do the Adventure section of Session 5. When I got to the page that had 'Add a page element' at the top I couldn't find the icon for 'adding a feed' so I wasn't able to do that. Anyone can help? Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mermaid Minx, love the name.
    When you go in to add a page element, click on add a gadget. This then brings up a whole list of items that can be added to the blog. Scroll down until you find add a feed. You will need the url address (I just went into the website and copied the address) paste it in and then click on add.
    So pleased someone else is having to learn just as much as me.
    Keep up the good work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete